Tuesday 15 January 2008

Computer Tips – Save A Picture From An Email You Have Received

Many people are puzzled as to how to save a picture from an email. My friend George sent me a picture in an email today hoping that I could “get it out of the email” for him. I guess he wanted to save the photo onto his computer and had a few problems. This is not the first time I have been asked to save a picture from an e-mail. He explained his problem to me.
Pictures in the body of an email??  When I right click on the photo and the menu comes up, COPY is my only choice. My endeavor is to save that pic in my pics – without any text format? Can you help me. why can’t I save a picture from an e-mail like I normally do? Do I have a problem with my computer?
No George you do not have a problem with your computer. as the picture is in the e-mail and not attached to the e-mail there is a different procedure for saving it to your computer. This process is the same as if you were wanting to save a picture from a word document. As the picture is contained in the word document you will only have the option to copy it.
See the screen shot below. I right clicked on the photo that was sent to me and my only option is to choose copy. All the other options are grayed out and I cannot choose them. If you attach a picture to an email, you could could then save it straight to your computer.
Save A Picture From An Email

How to save a picture from an email?

This will be a short tutorial, however if you do not understand what to do you can always watch the video below. This will show you step by step how to save a picture from an email to your computer. This will apply when there is no option to save the picture.
1.  Right click on the photo and choose copy from the menu.
2.  Open the MSpaint program. Located in the Start Menu>All Programs>Accessories>Paint.
3. Go to the edit link at the top. A menu will drop down. Choose Paste. See the screen shot below.
paste copied picture in paint
4.  The picture will be pasted in the MS Paint window.
5. Now go to the file link at the top. Choose “save as” to choose where to save the picture.
save picture from an email
Now you have the picture saved onto your computer. Just make sure you remember where you saved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next previous home